SPE8 - Cambridge 2015
SPE 8 will be hosted by Newnham College, University of Cambridge.
DATE: September 17-19, 2015 (conference), September 16, 2015 (tutorials)
VENUE: Newnham College, University of Cambridge
- Herman Cappelen (University of St Andrews)
- Tim Crane (University of Cambridge)
- Ruth Kempson (King's College London)
- Alex Lascarides (University of Edinburgh)
- Stephen Neale (City University of New York (CUNY))
- Diana Raffman (University of Toronto)
The purpose of the Semantics and Philosophy in Europe colloquia is to provide a forum for presenting research in the interface between linguistic semantics and various areas of philosophy (philosophy of language, philosophy of mind/cognition, metaphysics etc.). Previous SPE meetings have taken place place in Paris (SPE1, 2008 and SPE3, 2010), London (SPE2, 2009), Bochum (SPE4, 2011), Turin (SPE5, 2012), St.Peterburg (SPE6, 2013) and Berlin (SPE7, 2014) .
In addition to the general session, SPE 8 will feature two special sessions:
- Compositionality: can formal semantics meet the challenges from psycho/neurolinguistics? (Markus Werning, Ruhr University Bochum)
- Expressing the self: philosophical and linguistic aspects (Minyao Huang and Kasia Jaszczolt, University of Cambridge)
Two preconference tutorials will be offered:
- Slurs (Stefano Predelli, University of Nottingham, Eros Corazza, The University of the Basque Country)
- Clausal complements (Friederike Moltmann, CNRS, Jane Grimshaw, Rutgers University)
Registration is now closed.